It’s worth nothing, and you're not going to make a cent out of it.
However, if you have an idea how to grow, plus the energy and willingness to put in a weekend's work – to learn, hands-on, how to do something about it in the most efficient, effective manner – you've got the basis of something really valuable.
The next step for you is to do something about it. Quick!
What can you get done, in say, 54 hours?
Imagine if, in just one weekend, you could have all this:
1. Proved to yourself that you, (and a member/members of your staff) have the capability to get the job done.
2. A solid way to get a “business model” – a map or system of how your business will work and generate revenue – out of your head. So you can confidently put it into a workable format whereby your team know what you want to do, what you're going to sell, and to whom, when and how.
3. The connections, suppliers – and insights from other experienced business people – and writers, designers and web developers to get your new product or service formed up so you can get your customers to buy-in (or have them tell you what they'd change before you spend more time on it).
4. The skill of getting the right tasks set for you or your team. Be able to define for certain what's most useful, timely and important to do first with the limited time you have.
5. Gained experience of going through a high-intensity, high-pressure startup and coming out alive! So that you know you can do it, fast. So you'll know how to make your 'idea' real straight away.
Plus, as a bonus, a massive amount of pitch experience and an opportunity to pitch your start-up business to a room full of potential customers, partners (and possibly even investors!).
Would that be valuable to you?
Does that sound like fun to you?
Are you ready to get started?
If so, I’ve got great news – Tauranga Startup Weekend is for you.
Commences 5.30pm Friday 13th November and runs all for 5 4hours (we'll feed and water you all weekend so you don't have to stop!).
There's even a business prize package worth $5000.00 at the end!
Cross-posted from https://venturecentre.co.nz/blog